POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
2 May 2024 19:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2007 15:19:33
Message: <r34ir29upm3an5fsr59nrf43gvkqaoiadg@4ax.com>
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:32:20 EST, "Bruno Cabasson"
<bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:

>I was just asking a question about the evoked 'technical restrictions' which
>can be considered as part of the 'challenge' (re-read the discussion). Like
>you, I basically don't see why we should exclude non Hard-core POVers. But
>I had to get the opinion of people.

Sorry if I offended, I'm often too familiar. I appreciate all the trouble that
you are taking over this.

>Second, I suggested only one sdl file for POVers and one "MODEL" for
>modelers to match the fact that people don't have time to work until
>end-Feb, and thus, the scenes are likely to be rather simple (but
>experienced people can make an image that involves thousands of lines of
>sdl code or huge model with a lot of reuse). Also, as the idea of this
>pseudo ITRC round arose from a POV-related newsgroup, I had in mind that it
>would rather be sdl, and a better occasion to share code and experience than
>the IRTC itself. We are a little bit "between us". And we all want to have
>fun and learn, nothing more. It is no presidential campaign ...

Ah you're French and you have a president. I'm a Brit and only a subject, so
don't rub it in :-)
I was only pointing out that those of us that use modellers are restricted to
the output of the modeller and any rule that enters the scope has to be
followed. I hate sounding as if I'm nitpicking but I've been burned too often in
RL.

>As Hildur said the most simple now is to apply the traditional IRTC rules
>for what is acceptable or not, and forget about restrictions. Therefore,
>the topic must be defined.
>
>We will start a new thread dedicated to entries. I propose there will be no
>ranking, just comments and exchange.

I agree and suggest that we take up Steve's kind offer of web space.

Regards
	Stephen